A pierogi is a thin layer of dough wrapped around a filling. We currently make four traditional types of fillings, as well as four newer variations, and package them a dozen to a tray.
Millie's Pierogi are entirely hand pinched. This enables us to get a thinner dough, unlike machine-made products. They have been fully boiled and need only to be warmed in order to serve. Whether you prefer them steamed, baked, grilled, or deep-fat fried, the hand-pinching and pre-cooking eliminate the possibility of breakage, providing a delectable dish with ease.
- CABBAGE - Ours is a mixture of cabbage and sauerkraut for extra flavor, blended with onions, margarine and spices. This is the most popular seller here in Western Mass., the old-time favorite.
- POTATO & CHEESE - Mashed potatoes mixed with farmer's cheese, and just a dash of seasoning. The favorite of kids everywhere, and people who've never had a pierogi before and figure this is the "safe" one to try.
- CHEESE - Mild farmer's cheese with just the right touch of seasoning - my personal favorite.
- PRUNE - We use whole prunes, not puree. Elegant as a dessert, appetizer, or just a snack!
- POTATO & CHEESE with KIELBASA - Our regular Potato & Cheese filling with just enough kielbasa ground in to give it a kick!
- BLUEBERRY - Wild Maine blueberries with a touch of cinnamon and sugar, shipped frozen.
- POTATO & ONION - Sauteed onions mixed into mashed potatoes.
- CHEESE with DILL - Fresh dill chopped into our farmer's cheese for a great springtime flavor